SeaCat Starter Pack (iOS)
SeaCat starter pack is a distribution package, prepared to allow quick evaluation and understanding of how SeaCat product works. It is also a boilerplate for new mobile applications equipped with SeaCat.
The package consists of a simple iOS application, pre-integrated with SeaCat framework (SDK) and pre-configured gateway. Beside configuration, the gateway contains a simple CSR utility that allows the gateway to approve newly connected users either automatically or from the command-line.
SeaCat license is pre-installed in the starter pack.
Users can start building their mobile application based on the code in the starter pack or use it purely for evaluation or educational purposes.
To start with SeaCat starter pack, for those who have requested the pack, you should receive an email with download links. If this is not the case, please contact us at email@example.com.
( If you want a similar starter pack, please send an email to above address with "Request for SeaCat Starter Pack" in the subject line. We will follow up with you immediately. )
- Download and unpack "SeaCat Gateway Starter pack" using the link from our email.
- Open 'Terminal' application and go to 'seacat' directory that has been created in previous step.
- Launch SeaCat gateway by './run.sh' script:
- Download and unpack "SeaCat iOS Starter pack" using the link from our email.
- Start Xcode and open the project file that has been unpacked in the previous step.
Run mobile application in iPhone simulator:
At this point, the mobile app waits for Certificate Signing Request approval at the gateway side.
This process is typically integrated with a backend of the mobile application. However, we will manually approve CSR using seacat-csr utility.
Open a new session of 'Terminal' and go to the folder where you unpacked "SeaCat Gateway Starter pack".
- Run './csr.sh' command - you should be asked to approve one CSR, press 'y' + ENTER:
- Mobile application progresses to its main window and displays the result of HTTP call.
The initial gateway network location is set to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 7443 (TCP).
Please let us know if you want a different setup by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please don't forget to include your application bundle ID.
Configuration of SeaCat gateway can be found at
There are two hosts pre-configured in SeaCat gateway:
- localhost.seacat points to http://localhost/
- evalhost.seacat points to http://eval.teskalabs.com/
Client certificates are stored in
You can freely investigate details of these certificates using standard tools. By physically removing the certificate file, you remove a given client (mobile app instance) from the whitelist, and this client will lose access to SeaCat gateway. In that case, the Seacat starter pack application will automatically generate and submit a new CSR.
There are no limitations in terms of number of devices, users whatsoever. However, there is an expiration time set in evaluation license.
The license is bound to one specific application id (bundle id on Apple iOS platform).
The license can be used both in a simulator and on a real device.
Users are prohibited and unauthorized to resell or pass this license to third parties.
Reach out to us via email or follow us on Twitter @TeskaLabs for additional updates.
Most Recent Articles
- TeskaLabs helps LINET with cyber security compliance for medical devices
- TeskaLabs and University hospital in Pilsen launches a pilot of zScanner - open source mobile app for medical photo documentation
- EV Charging Station security demonstrator
- Five Ways AI And Machine Learning Can Enhance Cybersecurity Strategy
- C-ITS ITS-S Security microservice
You Might Be Interested in Reading These Articles
At our company, we develop our own software products that we offer to our clients and often also run ourselves. So far our company has operated its IT infrastructure — about 30 virtual servers—on a public cloud, specifically on MS Azure.
Published on July 01, 2018
SeaCat requires to specify one TCP port that is eventually used for client-gateway communication. Clients connect to this port to establish TLS channel that is used to exchange requests and related responses. SPDY-based communication protocol is used for traffic in this channel.
Published on May 23, 2014
In order to help you to evaluate and use our product we have prepared an trial version that is freely available for download. Trial version is limited to emulator/simulator only, you cannot use that on a real device. There is however no expiration date of a trial, so feel free to use it for any amount of time you need for the evaluation or even an actual development.
Published on August 17, 2014